Talash- Hrishi Da's TV Masterpiece

Talash (TV series, 1992)
by
Hrishikesh Mukherjee
(available on youtube)

I stumbled upon this gem of a TV serial while surfing through Youtube. I had watched Talash way back when I was nine years of age.But the title song had kind of stuck with me - Sabhi ko kisi ki Talash hai.....sung by Suresh Wadkar.
Alokenath plays a writer who arrives at a small village in search of a lost friend, and gets entagled in the local social interplay. The series is based on a novel by Ashutosh Mukherjee, and in the hands of the master Hrishi Da, assumes a life of its own.
Moushami Chatterjee, Vijendra Ghatge, Goga Kapoor, Neelima Azim, Avatar Gill, Pallavi Joshi, Rajendra Gupta have given brilliant performances.
Watching Talash again with my mother was a good experience, much better than most of the average stuff being dished out by the web portals.

Comments